quinta-feira, 22 de abril de 2021

Paul Stanley's Soul Station - Then And Now


















Paul Stanley's Soul Station - Then And Now - 2021

If you're expecting anything resembling a Kiss album from Paul Stanley, then forget it. This is all about his love for Motown, Otis Redding and other soul icons.

The man himself has never hidden an adoration for this style of music, so everything is approached with a sense of authenticity, care. Versions of The Temptations' Just My Imagination and The Miracles' Tracks Of My Tears are breathtaking, Stanley's caressing voice striking the right mood as his backing band offer a beautiful instrumental balance.

There are nine covers and five originals, each delivered with feeling. The standout moments come on Could It Be I'm Falling In Love (originally by The Spinners) and Ooo Baby Baby (Smokey Robinson). Both are stunning tributes to the originals, as well as offering a modern varnish.

Paul Stanley - Vocal, Guitar
Eric Singer - Drums
Rafael “Hoffa” Moreira  - Guitarra, Backing Vocals
Sean Hurley - Bass
Ely Rise - Keyboads
Ray Yslas - Percussion
Jon Papenbrook - Trumpet
Gavyn Rhone, Crystal Starr, Laurhan Beato - Backing Vocal

01. Could It Be I’m Falling In Love
02. I Do
03. I, Oh I
04. Ooo Baby Baby
05. O-o-h Child
06. Save Me (From You)
07. Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
08. Whenever You’re Ready (I’m Here)
09. The Tracks of My Tears
10. Let’s Stay Together
11. La-La – Means I Love You
12. Lorelei
13. You Are Everything
14. Baby I Need Your Loving

nb: AN ALBUM UNBELIEVABLY GREAT



Nenhum comentário :