segunda-feira, 26 de dezembro de 2016

Jess Roden & The Humans- Live at the Robin - 1996


















Jess Roden & The Humans- Live at the Robin - 1996

Jess Roden was always one of the UK's most underrated and enduring white boy soul singers. And as this album suggests, neither his audience nor his muse has ever deserted him.

Together with a stellar line-up including one time Atomic Rooster/ bass man Nic Graham and Rod Stewart/Strider guitarist Gary Granger, plus his Granger's guitar protégé, Bill Burke, the Humans push Jess to the limit.


Recorded in 1996 in front of a sell out crowd near his Wolverhampton roots, Jess & The Humans prove that not only did they still have a cutting edge, but that the band's song-writing prowess matched the on stage sparks. The opening brace of self penned rockers "When I Call You Name" and the stage favourite "So Fine, So Young" set the standard, while the grungy "Before I Hurt Myself" is a show stopper. In between there's some sultry impassioned soul with Joe Tex's "You'd Better Believe It" and a fine improvised version of Willie Dixon's "I Live The Life I Love".



The album's climactic closing number is a full blown cover of Neil Young's Grungy "Rockin' in The Free World", which is a timely nod to the man whose influence pervades much of this impressive live set.


01. When I Call Your Name
02. So Fine, So Young
03. Cool Water
04. I Live The Life I Love
05. Let Me Love You Baby
06. If You Reallly Want Me
07. You'd Better Believe It
08. Before I Hurt Myself
09. Rockin' In The Free World






+@192

Nenhum comentário :